– Take a guided, visual tour to the heart of literary Britain
– Discover relevant facts and information about some of the giants of English literature and their works as well as some myth-busting and controversy
– Get ideas, suggestions and lessons for using fiction, plays and poetry effectively in class
Literary Britain will provide:
- A literary tour of Oxford – see the real Narnia. Follow Tolkien & CS Lewis (Inspector Morse makes a guest appearance!).
- Views of the landscape that inspired Wordsworth and the Lakeland poets. Who really wrote Daffodils?
- The Brontës’ Yorkshire scenery. Did Wuthering Heights exist?
- Images of the sites that inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- An insight into the Dorset of Thomas Hardy
- Controversial theories about the Shakespeare conspiracy
- What the Dickens! A look at literary London*
- From TV:
- – Little Britain; a true picture of contemporary English?
- – What can we learn from 150 murders in Midsomer?
- And finally, Eats, Roots and Leaves – a look at grammar ’rules.’
Not just talk. Hundreds of photos and images bring alive the literary landscape.