An essential component of English for the 21st Century is The Style Guide
- Learn about new guidelines and rules for effective expression in modern English in appropriate contexts
Grammar books come around far too seldom and, often, by the time they do reach our desks they are already a teensy bit old fashioned. The Style Guide is an attempt to simply and effectively discuss the changes in actual English usage using real examples.
- What are the current accepted rules for punctuation, etc?
- Has English become more informal?
- What new words are needed for the new Millennium?
- How do you write an e-mail?
- What is the status of Swinglish/Svengelska and other -lishes?
There will also be a concluding slide show with the latest signs of changing English usage.